Most of us know what Chinese acupuncture is, but not many know much about its origins or benefits. You may be wondering a few crucial questions – where does acupuncture come from? Can you benefit from the procedure? What can you expect from this holistic treatment?
Where Does Acupuncture Originate?
Of course, Chinese acupuncture originated in China. Did you know that this holistic practice is several thousands of years old? Acupuncture was first documented in China around 3000 years ago in 100 BCE.
Over lots of time, the practice has been studied and refined into what it is today. Acupuncture, along with organic Chinese herbal medicine, is now regularly used to treat ailments naturally worldwide.
With modern medicinal knowledge and hundreds of years of research, acupuncturists can now help their patients in more refined and accurate ways.
Chinese acupuncture involves inserting very fine needles into the patient’s body to trigger certain points. It can help activate and balance your ‘qi,’ or your vital life energy, to enhance your health in a lot of ways.
Who Is Acupuncture For?
Some people may think that these types of medicinal practices are only for those with specific health conditions that require specific treatments, but this isn’t true. In fact, even if you’re relatively healthy, you can still benefit from acupuncture’s wonderful effects.
Acupuncture can improve both your physical and mental health. Even if you’re physically healthy, a good acupuncture session can reduce your stress and centre your soul.
A significant question on many people’s minds is, ‘Does Chinese acupuncture hurt?’ This is a very reasonable thing to ask. After all, getting nervous around needles is not uncommon, so the initial idea of acupuncture may make some people uneasy.
However, you’ll be happy to know that the needles used in acupuncture treatments are so fine that most people barely feel them. These needles aren’t the same ones used in most other medical treatments; they’re specifically meant for acupuncture.
Most people say they feel no pain when the needles are applied to their bodies. Naturally, your first session may feel a little awkward, but once you’re used to it, you’ll be perfectly fine. Then, you can fully enjoy all the benefits of this incredible practice.
Can I Benefit From Chinese Acupuncture Treatments?
Now you know where acupuncture came from and what is involved during acupuncture treatment, but there’s still a big topic to cover – what benefits can you experience from acupuncture?
There’s a surprisingly long list of healthful benefits that you can experience by undergoing acupuncture. If your acupuncturist knows what issues you’re trying to deal with, they can focus on certain points in your body to achieve their desired effect.
A handful of things that acupuncture can help with are:
- General Bodily Pain. Acupuncture is used to treat general pain around the body. This can include everything from back pain to neck pain. If you are dealing with chronic pain, we encourage you to consult an acupuncturist to see what they can do.
- Irregular Blood Pressure. Chinese acupuncture can be used to improve your body’s circulation, which can help improve both high and low blood pressure.
- Headache Relief. Headaches and migraines aren’t uncommon, but they sure are frustrating to deal with. Acupuncture can be used to soothe your headache or migraine symptoms.
- Improved Digestion. Acupuncture can target inflammation and swelling around your stomach and abdomen, which can improve digestion and reduce symptoms of digestion-related conditions.
- Quicker Healing. If you’re currently healing from an injury, you may want to consider acupuncture. Acupuncture treatments can reduce the pain and swelling around your injury while encouraging your body’s natural healing processes.
- Reduced Anxiety And Stress. Along with treating your physical body, acupuncture can also improve your mental health. Many people find that undergoing acupuncture is akin to having a massage – as in, it’s incredibly soothing and helps them relax. The calm atmosphere and soothing effect of your acupuncture session can help you relax, forget your worries and remember that you will be alright, no matter what you’re currently going through.
- And much more.
How Can I Experience Acupuncture In New Zealand?
Now that you know so much more about Chinese acupuncture, are you ready to experience it yourself? We invite you to visit us at Happipucnture; to learn more about your healthful opportunities. We’re thrilled to offer our acupuncture services to New Zealanders and the North Shore who want to be healthy and happy.
We understand that undergoing treatment for the first time can be confusing, so we encourage you to call our team if you have any questions or thoughts. You can contact our friendly team at 09-2182992.
Happipuncture is here to help you live your best life.